This is an accessibility statement from Casalini Libri SpA.
Measures to support accessibility
Casalini Libri SpA takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Share-VDE:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Testing with aXe
- Testing with VoiceOver
- Plans to test with JAWS and NVDA in near future
- Testing with keyboard-only usage
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Share-VDE is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
We have implemented end user customization options for color themes and bolder fonts.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Share-VDE. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Share-VDE:
- E-mail: email@example.com
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Share-VDE is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver on MacOS
- Firefox with VoiceOver on MacOS
- Google Chrome with NVDA on Windows
- Firefox with NVDA on Windows
- Google Chrome with JAWS on Windows
- Firefox with JAWS on Windows
Share-VDE is not compatible with:
- browsers older than 3 major versions
- mobile operating systems older than 1 year
Accessibility of Share-VDE relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Share-VDE, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Share-VDE :
- We are aware of: Entity page images do not have text alternatives because Images are imported from external sites and do not currently have text alternatives, since they represent the same as the headlines on each entity page. We may add text alternatives, but are not currently sure if this would be helpful. Please use the forum on forum.svde.org to report bugs if you encounter an issue or have advice for improving this.
- We are aware of: Further testing needs to be done with NVDA, JAWS, Dragon, and more technologies because We have used aXe, VoiceOver and strived to adhere to best practices for AA compliance, but we want to test more to make sure there are not any issues we are not aware of yet. We will be testing within the next month and applying any changes. Please report any bugs or advice in the forum on forum.svde.org.
- We are aware of: More mobile testing needed because We have built the site to work on mobile environments and tested continuously, but a more in-depth mobile testing process needs to be performed. We will be testing within the next month and applying any changes. Please report any bugs or advice in the forum on forum.svde.org.
Casalini Libri SpA assessed the accessibility of Share-VDE by the following approaches:
- continuous awareness and adjustment of design and frontend implementation to adhere with best practices for accessibility guidelines
- testing with aXe and VoiceOver before version release
- testing without mouse usage to ensure keyboard-only usability
This statement was created on 20 September 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.